Saturday, February 17, 2007

Intimacy

I'm glad I could be helpful.
I always hope my words reach someone else.
It means a lot to know so.

I'm just putting it into words myself.
Imagine finding yourself
more capable of intimacy than you think,
than you fear.

Now realize I wasn't afraid of intimacy, I was afraid
of losing myself.
They are two different things.

Intimacy is two
people sharing themselves with each other.
Intimacy is only
between "whole people."

Now realize I can be intimate, have a relationship.
I have myself.

Now realize I have uncovered, discovered, recovered
enough to feel safe
enough to reveal
myself to someone else.

I hope that makes sense.
Otherwise, it's not intimacy.
Make the decision. Ask someone.
Tell me you take the risk of getting intimate.

Now realize it is good for you.

No comments: